3/25/2010

Hey Girl, What Yo Name Is?!?

Noooo! We lost. But that's the only bad thing about this weekend.


When Dennis told me about "the little gymnasium" at Tulane i was wondering why he used the word "little". To me it looked like the real big gyms at home: A basketball field and space for maybe 1.000 people. Now I know what he was talking about.

I cited Katie's mail in the last entry so here is what happened: Tulane Basketball Girls performed pretty well in this years NCAA championship which seem to be something like the official league for University team-sports. As there are not sooo many Tulane-fans in Arizona for some reason they needed support and that's where Soundwave comes into the game. It's not a real official Tulane band but it's the musicians who really like playing music and it looks some way as if it was Soundwave that made Tulane Marching Band happen again after there hadn't been any official Tulane Band for years. However - Tulane chartered a whole BOEING, paid for our food and booked rooms for us in the Hilton. We even got some per diem just for supporting our team. And when I say supporting I mean really supporting. You'll see it later in the pictures but there's a big difference between support in Austria and support at Tulane. It's like there is the whole stadium filled only with a few people and it's of course the band that makes all the stuff happen. It's loud, it's colorful and it's of course a lot of fun.




To tell the truth I felt a little bit misplaced the first times with the Marching Band. I'm used to seeing a band as "the band" which includes not only music but the whole social stuff. To me it looked a little bit like people are attending a course and don't feel as a part of the band. However, after that weekend I know that Soundwave is way more than just some people playin' music at some sports events.
Unfortunately we lost the game and so we had to travel back on Sunday. This time it was only a DC9 but not a bad experience once again. Actually the food was better than in the BOEING.
I think that's all for now. I posted some pictures below (ooop, I didn't) and if you're really interested you can have a look at my Picasaweb-Album. It's a lot of pictures and I think Soundwave hates me a little bit for taking photos all the time. I'm sure it was kind of annoying.

Happy Spring Break,
Rödel

PS: Did I mention that I got one more real N'Orleans experience now? Somebody stole my bike on Sunday so I had to take St. Charles on Monday. Needless to say that someone else stole my wallet there. Not a big deal as I still have all my documents and financial stuff but it sucks a lot. However - got a new (crappy) bike and wallet now. It's just a bad feeling of missing my good stuff. But back to the basics: Life's beautiful and OZ Radio still keeps rocking my days here. That's the important stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment