1/21/2010

fix that bike?

Two days ago I wrote something about a little upgrade to my bike. OK, to tell the truth I didn't only fix something, I built my new bike from scratch.

That flat-tire problem was on Sunday. "No Problem", I thought "Great Rödel is not a virgin when it comes to fixing bikes". In fact it really was no problem to fix it but I also found out that my Huffy-bike has something common with an SUV: It's built for some demand on special markets but it's really not built for it's original purpose: Biking and (unfortunately sometimes) repairing.

As Cebrt's garage is just a little walk away I decided to talk with him (better: with his mechanic who is that Tulane-guy) about bikes and about tools. Although we had spent more time talking about tools than about bikes my next day's decision was one of the easy ones. I sold that great looking Huffy bike to Cebrt and got components for another bike that would better fit my needs. The frame is way more aestitical; It's bigger (28'), it's better (everything, every screw and every bearing), and last not least: It's faster!



Bike information finished for today. What else is goin'on?
  • The old fridge was never working so we got a new one from our landlord yesterday. The new one is painted black and big. It just has one little problem: It doesn't work. 
  • We had an one-hour bike-ride to and from the end of the French Quarter. Now we've got much more furniture, we just have to find a way to bring it to our apartment. 
  • Today's temperature: 84.2°F. Humidity: High. 
stay tuned,
Rödel

No comments:

Post a Comment