1/09/2010

...and its goin' on!

At Tulane I first met the other two exchange students from Vienna. I forgot their names but at least I've got their local phone numbers somewhere in my phone. When I was there, Dennis rang me up and I was a little bit scared when he told me "Hey, Steven, I have to tell you that something crazy happened". He told me that he had talked with that bike-guy, I think his name is Sebrt, about some things and some other things and when it came to that housing in New Orleans topic, Sebrt told him that there was an apartment for rent just two blocks away. Normally, it would sell for $700 a month but - maybe - if he talked to the landlord we could get it  a little cheaper. We had a short look at the apartment and I think decision was already taken when we opened the door. As you can see on the photos, it's a big 3-room apartment with toilet bath, kitchen and a little backyard. OK, it's unfurnished, but what do you expect for $500 plus utilities a month? We talked a little bit to our landlord (It's a Vietnamese guy running a little grocery attached to our apartment) and when we told him that we would like to move in as fast as possible he went out of the grocery, screwed in a fuse and turned on central heat. That's it.
I went to Walmart to get an air-mattress the same day and had a pretty good night. Dennis meanwhile had one more night in his apartment at St. Vincent's. I think I forgot some of all the things I did the next day but it was kind of stressfull. At least we had something to eat and I had set up an ad for one more roommate in the evening.
Next day I had to do some paperwork at Tulane. Needless to say, that once again "something crazy" had happened to Dennis when he rang me up at 3 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment